Modern Slavery Statement
At Traderoot Europe, we have taken measures to ensure that Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking do not form part of any of our businesses or our business dealings. As a firm, we have implemented a comprehensive human rights policy. We practice an Ethical Reporting Policy, which encourages any member of the staff to report any known or suspected breach of our ethical standards. Including slavery, human trafficking, forced or child labour as well as wider human-rights-related issues. It guarantees that any issue can be raised in confidence and refers to examples of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour as instances which we expect to be reported.
Modern Slavery is an international crime that affects people around the world. Vulnerable people from abroad are forced to work illegally against their will within many different business sectors.
Employment policies that protect our people from unfair treatment and promote a fair and inclusive workplace. All staff are expected to comply with our Business Principles as well as any relevant laws and professional codes of conduct applicable to us. These ethical principles are enshrined in our employment contracts and supported by existing policies;
- A vigorous recruitment processes in line with relevant employment laws;
- Market-related pay and rewards that are reviewed annually;
- A wellbeing strategy and initiatives to support our people’s physical and mental wellbeing;
- A Supplier Management Policy on how to deal with third party suppliers and ensuring they meet the standards we expect;
- A process for handling complaints raised by people outside of the company;
- Employment Equity Policies, Anti-Discrimination Policies and Code of Ethics Policies; and
- A Whistleblowing Policy, together with our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy which allow our people to report any breaches;
- All legal obligations are complied with in the recruitment and on-boarding process
- We conduct an appropriate level of due diligence on our prospective employees prior to them joining the firm, including a robust selection process and taking up employment references;
- We recruit, promote and develop our people on the grounds of merit and capability alone and have a well-developed diversity and an inclusion policy and plan to ensure we have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
As Traderoot Europe provides services across the European continent, we ensure that we take into consideration the prevention of Modern Slavery in all countries that we service, and therefore consider all relevant legislation applicable to Modern Slavery, including:
- Modern Slavery Act of 2015 (UK)
- Modern Slavery Act of 2018 (AUS)
- The Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000 (USA)
- The Prevention and Combating of Trafficking in Persons Act of 2013 (SA)
- United Nations Protocol to Prevent, Suppress & Punish Trafficking in Persons (UN)
- United Nations Convention against Transnational Organised Crime (UN)
Traderoot Europe will continuously strive to ensure that our people, passion and processes are in line with global Anti-Slavery practices in order to prevent Modern Slavery throughout all our business environments.
Tel: +44 7900 576 299
21 Grove Park Crescent
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE3 1BP, United Kingdom